Building Regulations approval is not required unless the works involve modification or movement of the electrics or alterations to the foul drainage.

Where the works involve electrics, they must be carried out by a person whom IS Part P Competent Person, otherwise a building regulations application will be required.

A list of Part P competent persons can be viewed here